Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WEEK 3




Assignment: Create a mash-up photo using one photo from Lincoln-era with a current photo I shot.

Craft: I used photoshop to create a mash-up photo of my boyfriend and Abraham Lincoln.


Composition: First, I picked my favorite photos (one from present time, one from Lincoln-era) to mash up. I picked one of my boyfriend and one of Lincoln with a crazy beard. I thought the look on Lincoln's face matched with the attitude of driving a fast car perfectly. Currently, I am struggling with defining Lincoln's beard from his shirt. I need to play around with some of the shadows and such to give the image more depth.


Concept: I didn't have much of a concept when I first put the two pictures together except that Abe seemed like he would have a rebel edge to him and someone to be noticed. His attitude in his face and the attitude the car gives off worked perfectly together. The irony behind Lincoln driving a car also made the photo interesting. Now that I think about it, it would be cool to connect a Mustang to then and now. Since Mustang is a horse and a car -Lincoln most likely rode a horse then and this could be him driving a horse now, just a modern version of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment