Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WEEK 4





Assignment: Final draft of Lincoln Era Mash-up

Craft: I took my draft and adjusted some aspects of it based on the critique from my peers and instructor. To eliminate wrinkles on his face, I used the blur and stamp tool. This helped smooth out the wrinkles in his face to better match his arms. Using the brightness/contrast tools and hue/saturation tools, I adjusted both layers to fit better together. This helped to distinguish the shirt from the beard in the photo. I also used the dodge and burn tools to add shadows and highlights to Lincoln's face/beard. It took me a long time to get the piece to where it is now, including a lot of trial and error.


Composition: My goal for my final draft was to make Lincoln's old face look young to match the arms in the photo and also to distinguish the beard from the shirt. The last thing I did was in class on Wednesday. I added an overall oran
ge hue to the entire image to give it a summer feel as well as adding to the attitude in the picture by pumping up Abe's biceps. 


Concept: The concept of my Mash-up still remains the same and I like my finished product.

<-- Final before color/muscle enhancement

1 comment:

  1. Craft: This was my favortie piece from this semester. This photo was taken from the passenger seat and then mashed with a photo of Abe Lincoln from the frist few weeks of class. in my opinion, the tint really anhances the quality of the image.

    Composition: This is perhaps the most original piece of artwork that i have seen all semester. I thought it was such a unique idea to paste Abe's head at that angle. The angle the photo was taken from is really overlooked, too. When you look at the photo, it is like your sitting next to Abe in the passenger seat of a sportscar.

    Concept: The expression on Abe's face says it all. Lincoln's facial expression oozes confidence and intimidation. The faceial expression was most likley edited in photoshop. The concept of this mash up is Abe Lincoln as a "Stud." The shiny stearing wheel adds to that affect.

    ReplyDelete