Wednesday, April 15, 2009

WEEK 12



Assignment: Monday we had to have our comic finished and completed for critique; however, we were able to use class time for last minute tweeks.

Craft: I already had mine completed the way I wanted it to look for Monday, so I didn't stay the whole class period. Since I was one of the few who chose to draw my comic, I had less to do in the comic life program. I already had speech bubbles drawn in, captions, etc. therefore it was not necessary for me to add them into my comic.
 

Concept: My new layout to my comic utilizes over-lapping of frames to naturally move the reader through the story line. I also removed the filter that I previously had on my images thru Comic Life. Although the filter made the images look more like a comic strip from a newspaper, some of the text I wrote in on the comic strip was distorted. It was a better idea for me to remove the filter so that my readers can actually read the words.

Composition: My comic strip is composed of images I drew, scanned, and altered using photoshop logically arranged in a comic strip manner. 

2 comments:

  1. Craft: You obviously drew these pictures by hand, but edited and colored them in photoshop. The colors you chose for the comic were very consistent and the transition from one slide to the next was smooth.

    Composition: The drawings look very "cartoonish," which adds to their appeal. I was intrested in these drawings especially because I drew my own comic drawings, as well. In my opinion, these are the best drawings in the whole class. Everything is clean, clear, and positioned in a way that truely highlights the artwork. Not only did I view you comic on the blog, but I also went onto your website and played the slideshow.

    Concept: The concept of this blog is to utilize it as a means for exposing our artwork to the world wide web. When you post colorful pictures and scenes from you comic, it leaves the readers very intrigued. This is especially apparent when you put colorful comics/photos (like yours) up against a solid black background. That is what made your artwork stand out that much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craft- The hand drawings of your comic is what makes your comic the most appealing to me. The color scheme is bright and friendly. The story itself is pretty good too.

    Composition- each slide flows good. You build up your story and then at the end the girl just and to a "bitch" and find some other guy :( Anyway, the story is solid and simple.

    Concept- this is unique because you drew it. The color scheme works. The story is complete and simple. It just really looks like a classic comic, unlike many others in the class. When I think of a comic, I think bubbles, stick figures, etc. This is a true comic and thats why its the best.

    ReplyDelete